Friday, November 20, 2015

Self-Publishing and Big Five Dominate Book Market, According to Nielsen - Book Business

My head hurts. Achoo! And my nose.
Panzer has been fighting a nasty cold for the last couple of days, so it was a short trip into the Catosphere today. Our sick kitty boy traveled to the Book Business site. There he found a post by Jim Wikert reporting about the recent Frankfurt Book Fair 2015.

According to a presentation at Frankfurt by Jonathan Stolper of Nielson, the big five publishers and self-publishers are taking over the book/ebook marketplace. They've beaten the mid-sized and small publishers in marketplace sales for the fiscal year first quarter 2014 to first quarter 2015.

Panzer says, "If self-publishers like me are taking so much of the market, how come I don't have more kitty treats?" Achoo! "I'm going back to bed now."

Note: A cup of tea should do it today.

To read the full post, tootle over to self-publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis