Monday, August 22, 2011

Your Facebook Fan Page

Okay, I keep hearing the popular wisdom that to be a successful indie writer you need to have a Facebook page to connect with your readers.

Well, I admit it. I don't have a Facebook page. From what I hear from my friends, I think it's a huge time suck.

But ... I've just heard about the Facebook Fan Page. I understand it's easier to set up, doesn't need as much upkeep as a personal page, and from what I've seen it's fun.

Indie fantasy author Lindsay Buroker has a great beginner's level post for Creating a Facebook Fan Page for Authors . After you read her post, go check out her Fan Page. It's nice, simple and clean. I think it looks great. Just what a fan would like. (Hint. Hint.)

Writer's Digest contributing editor Jane Friedman has a slightly different opinion on the Fan Page at 3 Principles for Facebook Fan Pages . Ms. Friedman doesn't believe a writer should have a Fan Page until you have fans looking for you.

Uhmmm. Looks kind of like which came first the chicken (Fan Page)  or the egg (fan) to me. It seems like this would be an excellent way to get fans by including the Fan Page contact information at the end of a Kindle ebook.

I have to admit, I like the idea of the Fan Page. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis