Saturday, July 19, 2014

Yet Another View On The Amazon-Hachette Dispute

I'm a bad kitty. I wasn't paying attention.
Panzer stopped in at Gigaom today. This is a new site for my bad boy. He was just tootling around in the Catosphere and found it. He's going to bookmark it for future visits.

My big black kitty boy found a post there by Laura Hazard Owen which approaches the Amazon-Hachette dispute from a totally different angle than the other sites he's visited recently. Ms. Owen looks at the dispute from the standpoint of the language used by each of the two companies. She demonstrates through examples of word choices used in press releases and other means how each of the companies portray themselves to writers and the public at large.

Panzer says, "I'm ashamed of myself. I never knew this was happening. There's so much spin here it's like watching the neighbor's dog chase his tail."

To read Ms. Owen's take on the dispute, tootle over to Amazon-Hachette

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis