Thursday, December 18, 2014

Apple Says Price-Fixing Is Okay

Trust me. It's for your own good.
When Panzer entered the Catosphere today, the Panzermobile started getting buffeted around. My big strong kitty pilot regained control and discovered it was raucous laughter that was causing all the steering problems. Following the trail of laugh bubbles lead my boy to The New Yorker site.

According to Vauhini Vara, Apple's lawyers' argument before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit is that Apple fixed prices to benefit ebook buyers. Apple (and the big six publishers) felt it was necessary to fix prices and force Amazon to match those prices. In that way Amazon would lose market dominance because of Amazon's low consumer-friendly ebook pricing.

Panzer says, "That's right. All you guys got together and raised your prices. It was for my own good to make me pay more."

To read the full post, tootle over to Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis