Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Licensing Expo 2019: Publishers Hunt New Revenue Streams - Publishers Weekly

Today as Panzer was tootling around in the Catosphere he decided to make a quick stop at the Publishers Weekly site. There with no digging at all our speedy kitty boy found a post about the 2019 Licensing Expo.

According to the post by Karen Raugust, publishers have decided the newest revenue stream for the books they publish is to sell licensing rights to the characters and brands in the books. The licensing rights can be used to produce board games, toys, workbooks, puzzles, and/or audio books. The post includes quotes from representatives of several children's book publishers.
Humans can do it? Then so can I.

Panzer says, "Hmm ... This little kitty never thought about selling the rights to puzzles and stuff based on my books. Hey! Wait a minute! I can do it myself. I already do my calendars."

Note:This is a long-medium length post. Bring a cup of tea and two muffins for today's reading selection.

To read the post tootle over to New Revenue Streams

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis