Sunday, April 3, 2011

Word Games or My Life Is A Joke

I didn't post this yesterday, because I didn't want anyone to think it was an April Fool's joke.

April 1 is the day I married my pirate. Pirate? Yes, I married a pirate. I was married the first time directly out of high school. Too young. Too stupid. Two years of abuse and adultery later - divorced.

Flash forward a couple years. My then boyfriend said, "Marry me?" I said, "No."

Flash forward a couple more years. My then same boyfriend said, "Marry me?" I said, "No."

Flash forward a couple more years. Same boyfriend, same question, "Marry me?" But before I could answer, he said, "I promise no abuse, no adultery. And I'll respect you." I said, "Maybe." He said, "What else do you want?" I said, "A greenhouse."

So, he built me a greenhouse.

I said, "You know, we're both a couple of fools to do this." We picked April Fool's Day to do it.

So I married my pirate. Aargh!  Get it? (No Abuse, no Adultery, but Respect, and a GreenHouse.)

©: 2011 Fiona L. Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis